Report about Change Climate effects in the “Project of environmental rehabilitation in the coastal side of the town center of Altea (Alicante)”
This study, developed in association with the company Tragsa, aims to improve the original project about the “Environmental rehabilitation in the coastal side of the town centre of Altea” where the component of the Climate Change effects is incorporated. Moreover, the relevant legislation applied in this field is enforced. To make the study, the following phases were carried out:
- Estimation of the mean sea level (MSL) increase as a result of the Climate Change for the horizons year 2040.
- With this height of the sea, the wave propagation model in the mid-range and extreme ranges of surges were performed.
- Analysis of the variability of the equilibrium conditions of the new beach with the effects of climate change.
- Comparison with the conditions of the original project.
- Checking of the design of the new beach with the climate change conditions.
- Checking of the design of the current coastal structures (one detached breakwater in “T” and one groyne) both of the geometrical parameters and the weigh of the breakwater elements.